Raeburn Drilling & Geotechnical (Northern) Ltd has a unit capable of reaching your site, whether it is a confined basement or a remote hilltop. We own over 40 rigs and excavators designed to tackle soft ground boring, rock drilling and trial excavations in all terrains and geological conditions.
Operations are supported with a wide range of ancillary equipment including compressors, grout mixers, pumps, hand augers and window sampling apparatus.
For plant to operate efficiently and safely competent personnel are required. To this end the fleet is maintained and customised by Raeburn Drilling & Geotechnical Ltd mechanics and fitters. We also train all our crews to NVQ status, with all operatives, supervisors and managers holding appropriate CSCS cards. The Company is committed to the BDA Audit Scheme. This provides Clients with independent evidence of the continuing competence of our drilling personnel, as required by the CDM Regulations
We are a down to earth drilling company that can help you with your development project.
- Over 60 Drillers with appropriate NVQ level 2 Qualifications and holding Blue CSCS Skilled worker Cards
- All lead Drillers are experienced in a wide range of exploration techniques in the site investigation industry
- With the emphasis on quality and safety, site operatives are wholly employed by the company remuneration is time based, not production bonus related.
- Over 40 rotary and percussion rigs including various lorry, tractor and track mounted units incorporating a selection of chuck and top drive drilling equipment.
- Several soil and/or rock drilling rigs capable of working in confined spaces and at remote sites (restricted access, low head room, helicopter lifts etc
- Tracked and wheeled excavators .
- Continuous dynamic probe, window sampling, hand boring and Mackintosh probe equipment.
- Soft and hard ground boring at diameters of up to 650mm, and depths of up to 250m
- Sampling and in situ testing of rock and soil in accordance with BS5930 and BS1377 (e.g. packer tests, piston samples, field vane tests, permeability tests, penetration tests).
- Borehole installations including piezometers, gas and water monitoring standpipes, inclinometers and extensometers.
- Vegetable oil used as lubricant to control environmental contamination.
- A wide range of drilling techniques including:
- Reverse circulation
- Conventional and wireline coring
- Double or triple tube coring at diameters from 300mm to 125mm
- Auger drilling (flight or hollow stem)
- Down-the-hole hammer
- Cable percussion
- Dependant on the type of drill and technique, the following flushing options are available:
- Air/Water Mist
- Investigation of mineral workings including Inclined (angled) boreholes can be drilled and their direction measured by electronic means to explore and define steeply dipping strata.
- The wide range of drilling equipment and skilled personnel allows an efficient, high quality mineral exploration service in hard and soft formations, in all terrains.
Also see our other Services information.