Raeburn Drilling and Geotechnical (Northern) Limited
carried out a ground investigation at the proposed development site of
Grandhome, Aberdeen. The purpose
of the investigation was to provide information on the ground conditions
underlying the site by undertaking
- 154 Trial pits;
- 26 cable percussion boreholes;
- construction of gas and water monitoring points;
- 9 rotary drilled boreholes to
prove rockhead status and give an indication of rock quality;
- 175 in situ California Bearing Ratio (CBR) tests to aid road and pavement design for the works;
- 54 soil infiltration tests to determine drainage characteristics for SUDS design.
Also see our other Projects information.